Who we are
We are HM Hair Limited, company number 14286498 registered in England and Wales.
Our registered office is: 107 Bridgnorth Road, Wollaston, Stourbridge, England, DY8 3NY.
Our VAT registration number is: 390576176
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you submit our contact form we will store your name, telephone number, email address and the message you send to us in order to respond and fulfil your enquiry.
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it. We will store order information for at least 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
What are cookies?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Websites use these files to store information and enable various types of functionality. Learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.uk
What cookies are used on this website?
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How do I turn cookies off?
If you wish, you can disable cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. However, this may prevent websites that you visit from working correctly. Find out how to disable cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.uk
- block Google Analytics from reporting on this website by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We may share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example delivery companies in order to ship goods to you, or IT service providers in order to deliver email notifications and facilitate access to this website.
We accept payments through Stripe and PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe or PayPal depending on your chosen checkout method, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
What rights you have over your data
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at HM Hair Limited: 107 Bridgnorth Road, Wollaston, Stourbridge, England, DY8 3NY. Please see our contact page for further ways to get in touch.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk